Save the Children is an organization that advocates and campaigns to defend children's rights and give them a voice. Specifically, it works to influence government policies, international institutions and the private sector to improve children's quality of life.
I especially appreciate organizations that give children a voice when their local community or family does not protect their rights for any reason. I believe that children need to learn from an early age that every person's well-being including themselves ALWAYS matters.
International Child Advocacy Network, Inc. (Yes ICAN) has a mission to "Work world-wide to break the silence and cycle of child abuse and domestic violence." It provides crisis, information and referral services world-wide for those who are dealing with child abuse. This organization is for networking, including administering volunteerism for those looking to support families suffering from domestic and child abuse
Child abuse is an important issue in every society, it is more chronic in some. I am always glad to see organizations that provide support and guidance to those who are helping families that are experiencing trauma from domestic abuse.
Association for Childhood Education International has a mission to : "Promote
innovative solutions to education challenges and inspire action that
creates positive, sustainable futures for children and youth worldwide". ACEI offers an Innovation Exchange program that allows for knowledge sharing through our website and publications. The organization focuses on innovation and
creative approaches in education. It includes emerging trends and ideas
in curriculum approaches, assessment improvements, education financing,
school design, technology, school leadership, and professional
development.
Innovations in classroom education and reaching children who do not have access to education in international level is a very valuable resources and capability. I will always appreciate efforts that allow children who otherwise would have had very limited options in their future to learn in a more creative way and effective way.
The position of International Adoption Caseworker for Madison Adoption Associates seems to be a very rewarding children's advocate role. I would love taking part in the process of helping international children who need loving and responsive parents be matched and placed with families.The duties include:
- Act as primary contact for families adopting through one of MAA’s adoption programs.
- Assist families as they navigate through adoption process, including but not limited to:
- Locating a home study agency, if applicable;
- Preparing for the home study assessment.
The qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor degree and minimum 2 years relevant adoption/social services work experience preferred (Serving children and families). Masters in Social Work or other Human Services field preferred.
Working as a Refugee Youth Summer Academy Parent Engagement Intern for the
International Rescue Committee also sounds like a good opportunity to advocate for children with difficult lives. The Refugee
Youth Summer Academy (RYSA) is a six-week program focusing on preparing
newly arrived refugee youth to succeed at their grade level in the New
York City public school system. The intern will:
- Assist in enrolling new students into the Academy in compliance with IRC policies and procedures
- Provide extra support to refugee parents, connecting them with teachers, the student support team or other RYSA personnel as needed
- Learn to Develop strategies to communicate important messages across linguistic and cultural divides
To qualify for this position the candidate must have :
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field
Annaalieza,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading the three international organizations that you chose. I am so glad that there are so many organizations that are out there to help the children of the world. I also picked Save a Child because I felt what they do is so important. I also enjoyed reading about International Child Advocacy Network, Inc. (Yes ICAN). I feel that child abuse needs to stop and the only way that this can happen is for people to become aware that it is happening in our own backyard and to stop ignoring it. Thank you for sharing.
Lyndy